Zen Cart 1.5.6 Released
The Zen Cart development team has released version 1.5.6
The most notable improvements and bugfixes in v1.5.6 since v1.5.5 include:
- Core – Updated dozens of files for compatibility with PHP 7.2 and also 7.3
- Admin – Sales-Report graphs on Admin dashboard
- Checkout – customer confirmation emails now include customer delivery telephone number
- Checkout – Square Payment support is now built-in. Start taking credit card payments in just 5 minutes! See www.zen-cart.com/partners/square_setup
- Admin – Reworded “in stock”/”out of stock” to “enabled”/”disabled” on product-edit pages due to popular request
- Admin – Most of the Admin pages have received styling updates for consistency and improved support for smaller screens (credits @Zen4All)
- Admin – Admin pages now show their name in browser tabs, instead of generic “Admin”
- Admin – Order pages now have some observer hooks to allow plugins to display “more data” with less code-changes
- Admin – GV Queue indicator in Admin Header bar can be enabled/disabled in GV Module settings
- Coupon new features added: search, export, reactivate, delete duplicates, clone existing coupons
- Coupons can now be restricted to amount of an order or of a specific product
- Coupons can now be restricted to customers having a specified number of previous purchases
- Coupons can now be restricted to products not on sale
- Coupons restrictions can now be bulk-added via manufacturer filter
- Coupon Usage Report added
- Template – CSS spans added around product-qty min/max/unit output, so that these items can be selectively hidden if needed. (Credits @lat9)
- Template – Compatibility updates to accommodate OnePageCheckout plugin integration
- Core: Added language-change notifier hooks
- Enhancement – Updated database to store more order-related data for easier order-reconstruction. This can help allow plugins to do more with completed order details.
- Enhancement – File-Uploading now gives more detailed feedback about failures related to invalid file types.
- Fixed – date display on Admin warning about log data is now formatted with store’s default date format
- Mobile – Updated embedded MobileDetect to latest version
- Email – Updated embedded PHPMailer to latest version
- Utility – CurlTester has more links to external diagnostic tools, including TLS Testing verification
- Utility – Plugin version-check utility optimized to allow specific version-comparisons, and adapt to timeouts more quickly.
- DB: Remove unused basket ‘final_price’ field from database
- Removed old sagepay_form payment module, and old authorizenet_echeck payment module
- All known v1.5.5 bugfixes and security fixes are included in v1.5.6
- … and numerous other small improvements to make things work faster, sleeker, smarter and be easier to use
We do recommend upgrading and keeping current so you can benefit from these fixes and improvements. Just as important, smaller more frequent upgrades are less risky than bigger upgrades.
Please contact us for upgrade details and pricing.